Friday, January 4, 2013

jumping into january

The remodel of a new scrap/homeschool space has begun and we are all kinds of excited over here. You might remember the before photo. Yikes. Here it is getting started...
...and then yesterday there were new lights (just can lights. nothing fancy), a doorway and a wall added. It already feels like a totally different space and it's only a day into it. Excited for the changes. 

A new theme went up in the Two Peas garden this past week. 365. I choose a double page (gasp!) spread to document our last year in instagrams. This layout had me teary-eyed going over each month's photos and picking just one...reviewing the year's ups and downs and in-betweens. I used the 525,600 minutes song from Rent as a jumping off point. You can see more photos and the products used here. The other garden girls did an amazing job. I love seeing how we all interpret a different theme. That will be something that we'll continue each month. Today I'm working on filming my first Project Life spread for this...
All kinds of new things happening this first month of the new year :) Hope yours is off to a great start as well. And it's Friday.That is always a good thing. Enjoy your weekend! 


6 comments:

  1. Looks great! I did a two-pager in my DD the other day and gasped, too - lol. Where do you print your Instagrams? Love your title and how you sewed over the washi - awesome. Congrats on GG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific LO. I can't wait to see your finished room.

    P.S. LOVE that song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, I would love to do one like this. Looking forward to all the Garden Girls inspiration this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful double pager!! Love that you used minutes instead of 365 days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful title for this kind of layout...and a double pager too! Great bunches of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that layout! We sang this song last summer during music school.. It's the best! And I can imagine how it inspired you to do a layout about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read and appreciate every one.