Monday, July 29, 2013

desk cleaning layout

In my last post I had semi created a layout using product found on my desk while attempting (keyword. It's still not finished.) to clean it off.  Last night I added some paint, stitching and journaling, glued it down and called it good.
Sometimes black/white striped paper can be tricky because it does that weird thing and makes your eyes go crazy. The key, at least for me, is to cover up a majority of it and then it loses its hypnotic effect. I added white painted triangles with a mask over a few sheets of old dictionary paper.
The die cuts I used are from the this exclusive kit at Two Peas, which is only available for 2 more days and then gone. I actually cut the arrows too close to the edge of the paper, but I made it word by just having it look like it goes over the edge of the layout. I added a few lines with a black pen to help it stand out a little. Twine ties it in the middle.
 The mountains were fun and cut with My Mind's Eye paper, which I thought made for good mountains and the texture behind them...the inside of the spine from an old book. Weird, right? It was laying on my desk and I thought it was cool so I used it. Mountain-y texture and the thin, torn paper still attached is like snow...? No? I mean, when else can you use a book spine on a scrapbook page? :)
The layout doesn't really have a title. There was so much going on with pattern & color and the journaling spots and tags have related words so I just let those do the talking.
Because I was asked on instagram, the background paper is this one from Crate Paper (a really pretty floral on the other side, but I rarely use floral. someone give me a girl photo to scrap!) Journaling cards, wood veneer, orange paper, stickers, brad from Basic Grey. Tags from Chic Tags road trip line. Kraft paper arrow here (and 60% off), exclusive arrow paper clip here and woodgrain washi tape here.
Maybe it does pay to (attempt) to clean off my desk every once in awhile. Haha.

11 comments:

  1. your finished layout looks amazing, hope the desk situation gets there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it all!! I'm really drawn to everything you create! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun page. Love how you used all the dies, and the texture behind the mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this, looks great with that black and white background! I love that there is so much going on but it doesn't feel busy or look that way at all, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I attempt to clean my desk too sometimes and toss everything on a couple layouts...sometimes its good, sometimes its bad...lol. Yours is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fun! Love those die cut mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool page! LOVE those layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hypnotic effect drives me crazy as well... maybe because my astig level is sky high! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this page!! Everything just pops against that background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The book spine moutains are pure genius!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read and appreciate every one.