Friday, July 19, 2013

behind the scenes & a sneak

It might be that when you watch the (free) scrapbooking videos at Two Peas you think, "Wow. Those girls have got it together. They make it look so easy!" And for the other garden girls, that might be true. I can assure you I do not have it together. In fact, every time I go to set up to film something goes wrong. Every. Time. But I am kinda known for the worst luck so I'm used to it.
This is what the behind the scenes looked like a few days ago when I went to film my latest project life video. Classy, eh? My tripod was being all nasty and stuck up. I was seriously like, "oh no you DID NOT"...so I had to rig up my own device: clear books and books stacked on amazon boxes with a chair on top, a level balanced on the chair and secured with zip ties with baker's twine tied to one end of the level to act as a counterbalance to the weight of the phone.
Did I mention I'm Macgyver's daughter?
And look at the tripod hiding on the floor in shame. Eat it, tripod.
It's funny though because I loved how my project life spread came together. I think this video is actually my favorite that I've filmed. I mixed pieces from Basic Grey's new capture & carte postale lines and of course my favorite project life kit, midnight edition. I swear that kit goes with anything. Love it.

This video will be up on 7/27. When you watch it you can laugh and remember what the behind the scenes really looked like :)

I'll be back Monday with a garden girl blog hop (and a fun prize to go with it). Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The sneak looks amazing, can't wait to see the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I STILL think you girls have got it together. I would be so nervous if I were to make a video!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read and appreciate every one.