This month the focus was FALL. I am in love with this time of year. Definitely one of my favorites. A great excuse to use lots of my favorite color, orange, and leaves. Lots of leaves :) This was my layout...
That leaf cluster was fun. Some leaves got the 3D treatment, some a little stitching, some die cut. And then the burlap...it always reminds me of autumn. Lots of new Amy Tangerine and Studio Calico product was cut and glued for this. Why is it always so fun to scrap with new goodies? You can see close up photos and read more about it here.
Isn't this design cool? The fonts. The arrows. Sometimes a simple, well thought out design can be the most inspiring. I can pretty much guarantee you will be see it show up on a project soon.
1. Jenni Bowlin Vellum Feathers. I saw these at CHA and they were so unique. Each one has a different print on them. I think they would be so pretty incorporated into a Christmas project. They also come in a paper version.
2. Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go Leaves. I guess you might say I have a leaf addiction. I used these on my layout above and you'll see them again. Perfect fall colors. You can layer them under a die cut leaf like I did above for another fun effect.
3. Studio Calico Speech Bubbles. Need a cute sentiment for a card? Done. Cute accent for a page? Done. Paint them. Mist them. Leave them plain. I'm a fan.
4. Pebbles Walnut Grove Clothespins. The wood & the white combo gets me every time. I can think of a project or two I'd love to put these on. I might even just use them with a little twine to hang notes. Very cute and dare I say fallish? (How many times can I use "fall" in one post?!)
5. Silhouette Cameo. It's no secret this has a top spot in my scrap space. I love that I can take a 12x12 piece of paper, load it up with shapes in any size I want, press a button and in a minute have several die cuts ready to go. It makes a leaf cluster super simple to achieve.
And NEW in the store today: October Afternoon's Midway, Echo Park Christmas and fall lines, Knock Knock goodies, a restock of My Mind's Eye (including my favorite--enamel dots) and more! You can find it all here.
Step Up your Scrapbooking with Lynn Ghahary!
Have you ever finished a scrapbook page only to feel that you were missing that “something special”? Perhaps you are new to scrapbooking and looking for ways to take your layouts to the next level. Or you might be an experienced scrapbooker who is feeling the loss of your scrappy mojo, and looking for ways to increase the creative appeal of your pages. Well then this is the workshop for you!
You’ll find this class packed with surefire ways to take your layouts to the next level with a toolkit full of tried and true designer tips and tricks. The techniques outlined in each lesson are straightforward and easy to follow, but really pack a big punch in the design department. You’ll find your layouts have gone from “good” to “great” just by following a few of the design guidelines covered in this class.
Each lesson will focus on one of five main design categories: backgrounds, photos, titles, journaling, and embellishments. With 10 lessons per chapter that’s 50 designer tips & tricks to refer back to when you’re faced with your next “what’s missing?” dilemma. A brand new, never before seen page example by Lynn (as well as some other special guest designers) accompanies each lesson to help get you started. Additionally, an informative PDF and instructional video is provided for each chapter. Each video not only reviews the lessons included in the chapter, but also features the start to finish process of one of the chapter layouts as well.
Whether you’re an experienced scrapbooker or new to the hobby, this workshop has something for everyone. So grab your scissors, paper, and glue and let’s step up your scrapbooking!
That's a lot of inspiration in one workshop! Just leave a comment (and if you leave your pea name that would help in contacting the winner!) and you'll be entered to win a free spot. If you want to go ahead and sign up for the class you can do that here.
Thanks for joining me! Now you can hop to the fabulous Amy and if you need to start from the beginning, head to the Two Peas blog. Have a great Saturday and happy hopping :)