Friday, November 25, 2011

& she blogged

quite the blogging break ;)
Is everyone bustling and hustling now that the holiday season is in full force? I know we are around here. In fact, it hardly seems possible that "Elfie" is due to appear at any time. Elfie, of course, is our Elf on the Shelf. My 6 year old asked tonight why we didn't just name him "Elf". We ARE pretty creative, no? Of course he also asked if tomorrow I could show him how babies come out. NOPE. Not ready for THAT conversation! I quickly changed the subject to watching Olive the other Reindeer ;)

I had a sketch challenge up on the October Afternoon blog, brought to you by this INSANELY awesome ad:
I busted out the new Holiday Style line (LOVE!) and created my own version.


The whole post, including a beautiful card by fellow DT member Roree, can be found here.
I had a scrap weekend with some friends recently & during that crafty weekend I played around with some non-assignment layouts, like this
Lots of &&&&& ;) My boys are a different super hero, or cowboy, on almost a daily basis & I wouldn't have it any other way.
The stamp is an older Purple Onion one I believe. The ink is JBS stick candy, malted milk and seed packet.
I actually hand wrote some journaling, instead of using my trusty typewriter, and it felt good. I'm not really a fan of my handwriting, but I am certain my boys will not care and might actually like looking back at momma's handwriting.
Enjoy your day! I am planning to hook up my Silhouette Cameo and decorate for Christmas...and avoid any more "where do babies come from" inquires ;)

5 comments:

  1. Yay to the blog post! :) It's had been wayyy too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! We missed you! Loving all the &&&& - always have tonnes left in my stash box- cute idea to use them all up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahoooooooo love your santas list layout...and well done on your win over at SC as 'layout of the week'...very well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous layouts Lexi! As for the Christmas one, it is purely magical! Definitely my favorite christmas layout I have seen this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stuff as always, yes they will love their Momma's handwriting;) xoxoxo amyb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read and appreciate every one.