Monday, September 14, 2009

And the weekend was...

..fun :)
Hung out with some scrappy friends friday night and saturday. Ate lots, laughed lots, watched Mamma Mia and several political shows..we're a wild bunch, aren't we ;) 
I'm never super productive during social scraps, but managed a few layouts and a card.
Wanna see?

One of my new year's resolutions was to learn how to crochet. I was thinking a blanket, but so far have only managed a layout :) Still liking the result though. Used some new Sassafras Lass goodies on this one--I knew when I saw the fruit felties exactly which layout they would land on.... and the nickname is one of my favorites for Paxton: Tooti Fruits! Have NO IDEA where it came from, but I have always called him that...and Sugar News. No idea where that's from either! The pics have a crazy glare...probably will have to retake. I choose to blame it on the overcast day. -and not my photography skills :)


And this was a neat surprise: I bought these fun patterned papers  by Jillibean Soup and when I saw these pictures while cruising iphoto the colors matched...because you know, it's all about matching the photos with the paper ;) And it's also all about super heros...at least around here anyway!


I had fun with the ink and paint on this one. I was thinking that Robin always said "Holy (something or another) Batman!" so that is where the tile comes from. And I am probably wrong, seeing as if I didn't grow up watching super hero cartoons. It made sense to me anyway!

Also made a card and another layout...which is possible my favorite layout to date. I'll share later this week. Oh the anticipation!! ;)

Should have a copy of this book from the author on it's way to me this week. Super excited to look it all over! Be looking for a review on my blog sometime soon.

How was your weekend?




2 comments:

  1. have i mentioned i will pay for crochet lessons?!!! love that border, lexi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. or trade for Starbucks.
    uh huh. oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read and appreciate every one.